Monday, August 15, 2011

Making Eggrolls


Everyone loves egg rolls I know I do.  I remember growing up seeing my mother making egg rolls for my family and special occasions.  Prep and cooking takes a while, but the hard work pays off after biting into one.  My mother taught me how to make egg roll, but I added other sauce into my own recipe to make it more delicious.  Here is my own recipe and it is different from the restaurants.  Every egg roll recipe has it’s own unique fillings.   

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. of your choice of meat (chicken, pork, beef, shrimp)
I prefer pork (taste better)
1 cup of carrots-shredded                                                     
2 eggs
1 bag of thin vermicelli noodle
1 cup of cilantro-chopped
½ cup green onion-chopped
Salt n pepper to your tasting
2 spoon full of Oyster Sauce
2 spoon full of Hoisin Sauce
Oil for cooking
1 egg yolk to seal egg roll
1 pack of egg roll wrapper (you can get it the Asian store in the freezer section)

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.  Peel the egg roll wrapper individual and put it aside.  Put a spoon full of the filling on an egg roll wrapper and roll it into an egg roll and use the egg yolk to seal it.

Pour the oil into the frying pan, wait until oil is hot and put the egg rolls into the pan.
Flip/turn the egg rolls in 2-3 minute until it is golden brown.  Once the egg rolls are golden brown, they are done.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment